Wednesday 13 July 2011

Cacareco cut by UFC, blames weight cut

Alexandre ‘Cacareco’ Ferreira received the chance he always waited for and signed with the UFC, but his life inside the organization didn’t last long. Just a few days after the UFC announced Dan Miller as his replacement against Rousimar ‘Toquinho’ Palhares for UFC Rio card, he was cut by the UFC, his manager told PVT this Tuesday.
Before the fight, Ferreira claimed he had lost friends at a mudslide tragedy in Rio de Janeiro, and he had no psychological condition to get inside the octagon. The UFC accepted his request, and he got himself some time to get back.
After a while, the UFC called him in March and offered him a fight against Palhares, at UFC Rio card. This time, his decision to not sign the contract was enough for the UFC cut him.
Cacareco learned about the cut from TATAME today, and he was not surprised.
“The truth is that I already expected that," he said. "The UFC is the only event that gives you the opportunity to get rich, but you live in a tight rope, like happened with Werdum, Babalu, Napão  and many other. On the next day, they cut you without thinking twice. It’s a huge event, and I’ll be cheering for Anderson, Toquinho."
Ferreira’s manager told PVT that Cacareco wasn’t training seriously for the UFC Rio fight, and Alexandre says that’s true.
“When I heard about the weight (185lbs), I wasn’t motivated. At any profession you have to be motivated. I simply wasn’t motivated to fight a friend at my hometown, with this responsibility… I knew I couldn’t get to this weight. I’d spend all my money and time to sacrifice and wouldn’t make it."
“I wanna fight against by the end of the year, don’t care where. Every event is important, anywhere. I wanna fight well. We have great national events. I’ll call Wallid (Ismail, Jungle Fight’s promoter) or anyone else and ask for an opportunity. I’m f--king tired of traveling, going up and down… The UFC if the biggest event of the world, but I just wanna fight”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive