Friday 29 July 2011

Bellator 54: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler set for Oct. 15 in Atlantic City

Photo
Bellator Season 4 Lightweight Tournament winner Michael Chandler is ready to cash in on his 155-pound title shot when he challenges reigning division champion Eddie Alvarez at Bellator 54 on October 15 from the Boardwalk Hall Ballroom in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The promotion announced the pending lightweight title fight earlier today.
Alvarez, widely considered the world's best 155-pounder not competing inside the Octagon, was last seen defending his strap in a five round unanimous decision win over current featherweight tournament finalist Pat Curran at Bellator 39 back in April.
"Fighting this close to home on this big of stage is awesome," said Alvarez in today's release. "I've never lost a fight in the States, and I certainly don't plan on losing this one. I've never had this much time to prepare for a fight, and you're going to see that preparation on display October 15th. I watched the Lightweight Tournament very closely, and was really impressed with a lot of the competition. Knowing that Chandler is my opponent, I've already gone back and started to watch film, and I'll be ready. He brings a really good pace, and it's going to be a great fight."
Bellator 54 will air live via MTV2 on fight night.

Chandler (8-0), an accomplished wrestler out of Xtreme Couture, blew through the Bellator lightweight tournament with wins over Marcin Held, Lloyd Woodard and Patricky Freire.
But the Missouri native knows he has his work cut out for him later this year:
"Eddie is obviously a world class lightweight, but in a lot of the fights I have watched, no one has really pushed the pace against him," Chandler said. "I want to put him on his heels, and make him respond to what I'm doing in the cage. I've got a few months to prepare, and I'll be more than ready for October 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive