Saturday 25 June 2011

UFC on Versus 4 – Michael Johnson fired up and raring to go ahead of return to the octagon

“Ultimate Fighter” season twelve runner-up, Michael Johnson has been speaking about how difficult it’s been sitting on the sidelines for the past six months waiting for the call to compete once again inside the octagon, before adding he’s targeting a top-ten spot as quickly as he can get it.
Speaking via Heavy.com, Johnson said:
“It feels great. A six-month layoff definitely feels like a long time, especially coming back from The Ultimate Fighter; fighting four times in six weeks and then again a couple months after. I’ve always had the nature as a fighter and a competitor to hurry up and get back in the cage, so I’m real excited to get that chance again in a couple days. I just want to thank Joe Silva and Dana White for giving me another chance. I’m just real eager to show the world how hard I’ve worked in the last six months to get to where I am right now.”
“This division is so competitive. I’m just excited to finally break into the bread and butter of this weight class, get up to the top 10 fighters, and see how I can compete with those guys.”
“That’s definitely a step that I need to take; to go in here, have a dominant performance, and coming out with a victory. [I also have to work on] getting myself out there, and almost creating a demand for me in the UFC. If I can get three or four fights a year, I can see myself moving up the rankings pretty fast and getting into the top 10.”
Johnson will feature on the undercard of ‘UFC on Versus 4: Story vs. Marquardt’ which goes down on Sunday, June 26th in Pittsburgh against promotional newcomer, Edward Faalaloto. For more on this upcoming fight card and all other breaking news from the world of mixed martial arts, stay tuned to MMABay.

By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive