Tuesday 28 June 2011

UFC 133 – Vitor Belfort targets another title shot with a win over Yoshihiro Akiyama

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Vitor Belfort has revealed that he’s targeted another shot at the middleweight title with a win over Yoshirio Akiyama at UFC 133 in August and according to “The Phenom” there’s no one that can stop him.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Belfort said:
“I want to fight the winner between Anderson and Okami. That’s what I want: to win this fight and go try to achieve my goal. I have a go and I’m going with all my power to get it. No one can stop me.”
When asked how his training is going at Xtreme Couture, Belfort added:
“It’s great. The trainings there are pretty good. Our team is fine, Durinho is here, Robert Drysdale, so we have a strong team, working our Muay Thai too. We’re doing fine, I’m feeling fine, confident, excited and I can’t complain about anything.”
“I do a complete work, but I’m going back to where I came from. The natural gym is making me really fast in Boxing and with my legs. We’re training natural gym and you have no idea how great it is… I told him I’ll be a representative of natural gym in UFC (laughs).”
“It’s great. The trainings there are pretty good. Our team is fine, Durinho is here, Robert Drysdale, so we have a strong team, working our Muay Thai too. We’re doing fine, I’m feeling fine, confident, excited and I can’t complain about anything.”
Belfort was last seen in action in February of this year and was quickly despatched by current UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva with a front kick to the face. Prior to that he’d stopped former champion, Rich Franklin in the very first round.
By Michael Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive