Tuesday 21 June 2011

Jorge Rivera reveals he may quit after Alessio Sakara fight, can’t resist taking another pop at Michael Bisping

UFC middleweight veteran, Jorge Rivera has revealed he may hang up his gloves for good following his upcoming fight with Alessio Sakara on the UFC 133 card on August 6th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, adding his last fight inside the octagon left him feeling flat.
Speaking via the Boston Herald, Rivera said:
“I’ve been thinking that this might be the last fight. I’m going to give it all I’ve got. The last fight left me kind of flat. Other than being sick of fighting, I’m not sure I want to do that. I’m getting to 40-years-old now. I don’t want to be taking unnecessary blows to the head. I want to come out with a W and maybe take one or two big fights and then I’m done.”
“I needed some time off after my last fight. To lose to someone like that was just awful. And people think I deserved to lose because I was talking smack – and I was [but] it was all for the fight, to sell the fight. People wanted to see that fight. I’m not a dirty fighter.”
“Bisping was really inexcusable. And I haven’t really spoken out about it at all. It was pitiful. He went to my corner after he kneed me and the head and talked sh-t. He purposefully kneed me, goes over to my corner and tells them that. Then he says after that it was unintentional. It’s hard for me to respect the guy. It’s hard for me to like him.”
Rivera and Sakara were originally set to meet on the UFC 122 card in Oberhausen, Germany but Sakara pulled out at the eleventh hour due to injury. Both men are looking to rebound from losses, Rivera being stopped by Michael Bisping in February while Sakara lost out to octagon newcomer, Chris Weidman via unanimous decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive