Friday 24 June 2011

Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante already looking forward to the next major Strikeforce event after no-contest

Strikeforce lightweight prospect, Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante has been speaking about the disappointing no-contest he picked up this past weekend in Dallas, Texas, when he took on Justin Wilcox inside the Strikeforce cage, as well as saying he’s already looking forward.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Cavalcante said:
“It’s disappointing you know? I’ve been through so much. It’s okay, after the fight I get to my knees, I prayed, that’s the thing I do everyday. I was asking God to give me everything I need, and not just what I want. I say this prayer everyday, so after the fight that was the only thing in my mind. I was like okay let’s move on and keep it going.”
“I feel I lost the (first) round. Either way we didn’t have an advantage in anything, but just the fact that he walks forward a little bit more, I give the round to him. The 2nd round the mentality was go forward, whatever happens, I’m comfortable.”
“I threw a teep (kick) and a right hand and then I stepped out and give a step back and he walks forward, as he walks like he’s going to shoot or something, I just extended my arm a little bit just to avoid and he walked in on my finger.”
“I’m already looking forward. Looking for another fight soon on Strikeforce, I’m waiting just for the call, and see if Strikeforce says ‘you’re going to fight on the next card’ or get the rematch (with Justin Wilcox) if he’s able. I would like to get the rematch, but if I have to wait, no I want to fight right away, (against) anybody. I want to be on that card.”
The frustrated Brazilian will now have to wait for the California based promotion to book him into another fight after waiting for longer than he would have liked for the fight with Wilcox to materialize. Stay tuned to MMABay for more news on where and against who “JZ” will return to action against as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive