Thursday 30 June 2011

Brad Tavares sees little draw backs of stepping up at short notice to take on Aaron Simpson

UFC middleweight prospect, Brad Tavares has been speaking about stepping up at short notice to take on powerhouse wrestler, Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 this Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada, explaining he sees few draw backs despite not having long to prepare.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Tavares said:
“You scratch their back, and they’ll scratch yours. Besides, at the same time, I’m helping my career. Me and my coaches think this is a good fight for me. I talked it over with my coaches, friends and management. Simpson is a very good opponent but someone I think I can beat. A win over him would boost me up to like the middle of the division.”
“I have time on my side, and lots of guys are fighting against time. As long as I’m working on my game and getting better between my fights, I don’t see it as a layoff. Yeah, I’m not fighting, but I’m improving and getting better. I want to grow while in the UFC. I don’t want to be out of the UFC. I want to leapfrog a few guys with a win over Simpson. I want to show some guys in the middleweight division that I’m here and I can hang with them.”
“At no point is your UFC career safe if you’re losing. It could happen. But with me, I believe in myself. I have no doubt in my mind I’ll beat Aaron Simpson. If there’s a reason to keep me around, it’s because I put on exciting fights. That’s enough motivation for me. … I’m never going to quit. If he’s pounding me for two rounds, I’m going to come out in the third looking for the finish. I think that’s what will keep me in the UFC. That, and winning fights because I don’t plan on losing.”
Tavares, a product of the popular reality show, was last seen in action at UFC 125 on January 1stwhen he stopped heavy handed veteran, Phil Baroni with a brutal TKO. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive