Wednesday 25 May 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Travis Browne is going to get inside and 'expose' Stefan Struve on May 28

Photo via Rebecca Lee

"Yeah, if I was him, that's something I would be focusing on for the last five to six months, is how to use my reach. For me to be able to win this fight I have to be able to get inside. If I stay out at the end of his reach, I'm playing his game. I don't think his guard's very underrated because we've seen what he's been able to do submitting people. He's able to sweep people, submit people, survive within his guard, even though he had big Christian Morecraft pounding on him for that first round. Everyone knows his guard's dangerous and we know he's a great submission artist and we know that he doesn't know how to use his reach. So for me, I have to get inside and expose where he's been exposed before, which is the heavy hands, punches, and timing. That's where I think I'll come out victorious in this fight, by making the fight go where I want it to go. Stay on the ground or stay on the feet, where ever it goes, I just have to control it."
Hard-hitting heavyweight Travis Browne (via MMA Nation on 106.7 The Fan) is ready to make a statement about his place among the 265-pound elite when he throws leather against Stefan Struve at UFC 130: "Rampage vs. Hamill" this Saturday night (May 28) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. "Hapa" saw his 10 fight winning streak (and his ballsack) broken by Cheick Kongo when he battled the Frenchman to a draw at UFC 120 last October. Can he raze the "Skyscraper" on fight night and muscle his way into heavyweight relevancy? Or will he be the one getting "exposed" over the Memorial Day weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive