Friday 27 May 2011

UFC 130 – Thiago Alves responds to Rick Story: “Be careful what you wish for”

UFC welterweight contender, Thiago Alves has been speaking about his fight this weekend at UFC 130 with powerhouse wrestler, Rick Story and in particular the omission by “The Horror” that he specifically requested this fight next.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Alves said:
“That’s not my style, I don’t call anybody out. If you want to be the best, you’ve got to fight the best, but I feel flattered in a way that I know he wants to become the champion one day. He wants to fight the best competition out there.”
“But in the same way there’s a little bitter taste in my mouth. Like is this kid for real? He wants to fight me, calling me out like that? Be careful what you wish for. I’m training like a maniac, I’m training like I’ve never trained before. He’s going to get the best Thiago Alves ever, so I hope he’s training his ass off.”
“I’m better with more upgrades than before, but with the experience that I have and everything I’ve learned throughout this process throughout my career, I’m a new Thiago right now. I truly feel like I’m just getting started again. I’m just 27 years old. I’ve got I’d say at least eight years ahead of me, so I’m very, very excited. I feel like a little kid again.”
“He says he wants to stand up with me. Let’s see if he can back up the talk. It’s going to be a very early night for him.”
Alves had his back against the wall heading in to UFC 124 earlier this month after losing back-to-back fights and failing to make weight on more than one occasion but he passed his test with flying colours, pulling off an impressive unanimous decision win over John Howard on the night. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive