Thursday 26 May 2011

UFC 130 – Gleison Tibau reveals he’s changed nothing despite a late alteration to his opponent

UFC lightweight powerhouse, Gleison Tibau has been speaking about his upcoming fight at UFC 130 this weekend with late stand-in Rafaello Oliveira and how despite the late change he’s changed little when it comes to his preparations.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine Tibau said:
“It changed 10 days in advance, so I didn’t have to change my game plan that much because I’m prepared for anything. I was hoping to fight anyone, I’m ready to fight anywhere. I just had to lose some weight and keep training Boxing, Wrestling and Jiu-Jitsu. I’m doing great on these three modalities.”
“I respect a lot Northeaster guys, they’re warriors… He’s my countryman, a strong athlete, but let’s see who is stronger. Since (Frankie) Edgar is not training, it’s good. There’re many complete athletes on this weight division. We are always fighting, and that way it never stops and it’s good for us. UFC’s been listening to me, and I’ve asked them a fight on the first semester of the year and I got two. I want to fight four times this year.”
Tibau will be looking to continue his impressive run of three wins in his last four fights in this one. He was last seen in action at the end of March, defeating Kurt Pellegrino via split decision at UFC 128

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive