Thursday 12 May 2011

Eddie Alvarez says you’re out of your mind or on acid if you think Gilbert Melendez has better boxing than him

Bellator lightweight champion, Eddie Alvarez has gone on the offensive this week when it comes to where he stands in the 155 pound ranks in relation to his opposite number with Strikeforce, Gilbert Melendez, adding you must be on acid if you think “El Nino” has better hands than him.
Speaking via FiveKnuckles.com, Alvarez said:
“I definitely, 100-percent feel that I have the best hands in the lightweight division. If I watch Melvin Guillard, I definitely see a lot of holes. He’s quick, he’s explosive, but he gets a little wild.
“My boxing trainer is getting Bernard Hopkins ready for his next fight. I train with some real high-level boxers in Philadelphia and they kick my (expletive) two or three times a week, and they all say that I should maybe consider boxing a little bit. But, when I look out there at the whole spectrum of lightweights, I gotta be honest, I think I have the best boxing in the lightweight division. I think whoever ranked Gilbert Melendez as having the best hands in MMA has got to be on acid or out of their mind.”
There was a great deal of clamour to see Melendez and Alvarez collide late last year but that all went away the moment Strikeforce was bought out by Zuffa LLC.. The only chance of seeing these two 155 pounders going at it now is if Alvarez calls it a day with Bellator and signs with a Zuffa owned promotion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive