Tuesday 12 April 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Ross Pearson wishes he was like Chael Sonnen

Photo
Mark Kolbe - Getty ImagesMore photos »
"I'm waiting for a phone call. I've been tweeting a lot that I'm fit and training hard. I don't know who my opponent will be, but I'm super focused and it's my time. I'm sitting waiting for that phone call, every day I'm looking at that phone thinking 'Come on, ring!' The UFC knows I'm ready, but I'm always too keen, they try to manage my career better than what I would do, I'd get in there against anyone. (Donald) Cerrone is a top guy, he put on a great performance against Paul Kelly and has had some great wars in the WEC. If that's what the UFC see fit for me to fight, let's do it - I'm ready to go. I won't back down from any opponent. I wish I was like Chael Sonnen or had the attitude like Dan Hardy and Paul Daley to call people out, but I just can't do it!"
Be careful what you wish for. Stocky (but not cocky) UFC lightweight and Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 9 winner Ross Pearson (via ESPN.co.uk) is getting a bit antsy sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring. "The Real Deal" rebounded from his first loss inside the Octagon (against Cole Miller at UFC Fight Night 22) by outpointing Spencer Fisher at UFC 127 back in February and is eager to keep that momentum going against a bigger name in the division. Any fight fans out there think the Brit would be a good match-up for "Cowboy" Cerrone? And do you agree the easiest way to get the fight you want is to emulate motor-mouthed middleweight Chael Sonnen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive