Sunday 10 April 2011

Scott Coker reveals there’s nothing stopping super fights between the UFC and Strikeforce fighters

Strikeforce CEO, Scott Coker has today declared it open season when it comes to seeing fights between the top guys in the UFC and his own roster of fighters, explaining there’s nothing on either side to stop any of these fights taking place like the fans so desperately want.
Speaking at the post-fight press conference, Coker said:
“I think, you know what? Let the Strikeforce guys fight the UFC guys. I’d love to see it. To me, Alistair Overeem versus Cain Velasquez? Let’s do it. Or Fedor fighting Brock Lesnar. …There’s nothing to say these guys can’t fight each other.”
“I love Strikeforce and I want to see it continue for many years, and I’m going to work my ass off to make sure it’s profitable. This roster that we’ve built at Strikeforce is unbelievable, and everybody knows that. We’re going to continue to put these great fights on, and we have the fighters to do that. But to me, why can’t you build the AFC and the NFC and let’s do a Super Bowl fight? That’s what I’d like to see.”
“I think when the fans demand it, that’s when those fights will happen. …We have a great relationship with Showtime, and I think that the fighters you see on Showtime will continue fighting on Showtime, but at some point, I think, you know, let’s get it on.”
Perhaps the biggest super fight of them all would be a heavyweight clash between Alistair Overeem and Cain Velasquez, something that will be made an even bigger draw if Overeem can win the grand prix he’s involved in and Velasquez successfully defends his title around the turn of the year. Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive