Sunday 13 March 2011

Rich Franklin will fight at whatever weight the UFC wants

Rich-franklin_medium
Props: Inside MMA
Quoteworthy:
"I've kind of always just fit into the puzzle where ever the UFC needed me and if they said, 'hey, take a fight at 195,' I'd take a fight at 195. If they said, 'take a fight at 185,' I'd (do it). If they said, 'fight Bisping,' I'd fight Bisping. I would step in back at 185 again, I would stay at 205; whatever they wanted me to do. ... I believe I can make it back to the title. I think I'm at a point in my career where, if I didn't think that, if I didn't think that I can compete at the top level, than I wouldn't enjoy competing anymore."
The ultimate company man himself, Rich Franklin, has no idea what's in store for him in the waning years of his mixed martial arts career. But he does know that he'll continue to do like he's always done -- whatever his bosses ask of him. That includes a potential drop back down the the middleweight division where he once reigned supreme; that is, until he ran into the knees of current division kingpin Anderson Silva. While there are few that hold the illusion "Ace" will ever challenge for that title again, interestingly enough he brings up Michael Bisping; a top contender at 185-pounds who is without a fight at present day. Anyone interested in a scrap between the two? Or should Franklin stay in the land of the light heavyweights and try his luck there before calling it a career?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive