Friday 28 January 2011

UFC126 :Anderson Silva asks his critics to judge him after he retires, not right now

UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva has made an impassioned plea for his critics to judge him after he retires from the sport of mixed martial arts, not when he still has things to achieve, just days before he steps into the cage to face Vitor Belfort at UFC 126 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Speaking via ESPN.co.uk, Silva said:
“I don’t think I need to prove anything. I have been the UFC middleweight champion for a very long time now, and I have always thought that historians judge you once you retire on everything you did in your career.”
“That’s the only real way to judge someone’s career, once you have seen their career from beginning to end.”
“I am happy with what I have done so far in my career and am still having fun. I am happy with that and let other people talk about ‘legacy’ and ‘pound for pound’. I just care about martial arts and competition.”
Silva could end up facing welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre inside the octagon should both men be successful in their next fights, giving fans the fight they’ve wanted to see for the past eighteen months. Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this as it comes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive