Wednesday 26 January 2011

UFC 126 – Ryan Bader says Jon Jones will need to respect his wrestling base and power inside the octagon

“Ultimate Fighter” season eight winner, Ryan Bader has been speaking further about his upcoming UFC 126 clash with Jon Jones early next month in Las Vegas, Nevada, explaining the man dubbed “Bones” will need to respect him and not come rushing in.
Speaking via ESPN.co.uk, Bader said:
“I’ve been the underdog a lot in the UFC and I love playing that role. It’s going to be sweet to go out there and upset them. This fight is huge and this fight is the future. The winner is right up there with the top contenders. I’m not anybody’s stepping stone, I’m not a gauge, I’m here to win and that’s what I’ll do.”
“It doesn’t matter who stands in front of me, I’ve got to find a way to go out there and win. Jon Jones is a dynamic fighter, he’s very exciting, he’s been going out there and beating people convincingly. He’s got spinning back elbows, great throws, but I’m looking to go out there and cut through the hype to beat Jon Jones.”
“I think I have a better range in my wrestling base, and my power… he’s got to respect it. He’s got to be smart about rushing in on me.”
Ryan Bader is fresh off an impressive unanimous decision win over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC 119 in September. The undefeated fighter also holds notable wins over Keith Jardine and Eric Schafer which have helped to make him a major contender in the light heavyweight division.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive