Monday 17 January 2011

Shane Carwin says he would be honoured to train alongside Fedor, says a trip to Russia down the line is possible

Former UFC interim heavyweight champion, Shane Carwin has revealed he’s honoured that formerly ranked number one fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko wants to train with him in the future, saying a possible trip to Russia could be in his future.
Speaking via The Underground forum, Carwin said:
“I would be honoured to train with Fedor. After seeing his CBS special I was impressed with the isolation and hardcore and yet raw training I saw. Fedor has been a good guy to me. After the Lesnar fight he sent me some very kind words that put things into perspective. He is a great guy and a great fighter.”
“I am going to be travelling for training this time around. I want to take in as much MMA as I can. I hope to make it out to Duke Rufus’s and maybe even a trip to Russia if all things go as planned.”
Carwin looks set to return to action when the promotion visits Vancouver, Canada for a second time this coming June, although his opponent as yet is currently unknown. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to the man mountains return to action as we get it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive