Thursday 27 January 2011

Sergei Kharitonov: I already beat Alistair Overeem and Fabricio Werdum -- do the math

Susumu25_medium
Props: Tapology.com
Quoteworthy:
"People like to think they are experts on things they think they know. I beat Alistair (Overeem) and (Fabricio) Werdrum at a time when my stand-up skills were not 25% [of] what [they are] now. You do the math. I do not watch fights from Andrei Arlovski. For me he is just another obstacle that has to be removed. I do not care what his problems were or if he was a champion or not. I will break him. I know I can beat all these [UFC] guys, but I think Strikeforce right now has the best heavyweights. They always say you have to fight in the UFC, but why do UFC guys not prove they are the best to fight outside the UFC?"
Former PRIDE smashing machine Sergei Kharitonov enters the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix at -120 against former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei Arlovski for the upcoming "Fedor vs. Silva" event on Feb. 12 in East Rutherford, NJ. Kharit-top holds overseas victories over current Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem (KO) and Fabricio Werdum (split decision) and vows to do it again after "breaking" Arlovski at next month's Showtime event. Are the "experts" sleeping on the hard-hitting Russian? Or is he all bark and no bite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive