Wednesday 10 July 2013

Herb Dean didn't know if Silva was faking

"It was almost a replay of the pantomime that he had done," he said. "I saw him go down. I respond to it whether it's pantomime or not, but to be honest, I wasn't sure. But I'm going to respond and get in close to get a better look. Once I got in there and got a better look, he was unconscious to me."

Referee Herb Dean has overseen hundreds of bouts in addition to his times in the cage with Silva, and was aware that he was part of history before he ever set foot in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. But like just about everyone, he wasn't expecting to see what he saw.

"You put two well-trained guys who are trying to take each other's will away, anything can happen," Dean said.
"But the way it happened, to get caught in the middle of his antics, I think that was a little bit surprising."

via:mmajunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive