Friday 21 June 2013

Paul 'Telly' Kelly speaks from behind bars in a *FightLounge Exclusive*


This is a letter that the former UFC fighter had wrote to the FightLounge which have dealt with Paul many times in the past and he asked them to post this on his behalf:

“I am writing this from behind my prison door. I have been wrongly convicted of a crime I never committed. Not only is it a crime I never committed, but I have somehow been pinned as some kind of crime boss!
“This case, as you know, has been going on for close to two years and I have been on bail the whole time. For the first trial, I was up for conspiracy to supply class A drugs and conspiracy to supply class B drugs. I was found not guilty for the latter and had a hung jury for the other charge. The case was then to be tried the following month.

“In my mind, I was never to be convicted of a crime I haven’t committed. The following month came and, when I turned up at court, everything had changed! Bear in mind that there wasn’t one strand of factual evidence on me, plus the fact I was abroad for nearly the whole of the surveillance, I was convinced that this would be the last time in court, as even one hung jury was enough for the case to be kicked out!

“I turned up to court and I was warned that I couldn’t mention half of my case! So, from that moment I stood on stand, I was lying. This is not justice. I am serving thirteen years in prison.
“I had 271 police officers following me for seven months and the evidence they came up with was with me picking up a friend whilst I was with Phoebe – my four year old daughter. I have been stitched up for publicity and the whole case stinks to high heaven.

“I am away from my family, my two children who I live for, for something I haven’t done. I would happily take a lie detector test to help prove my innocence.
“It is bullshit. In my mind, the conviction and the publicity was more important than the truth. There is a massive level of corruption and I am rotting away in here because of it.”


All the views expressed in the statement are those of Paul Kelly and not of anyone affiliated with The Fight Lounge or mmablogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive