Tuesday 2 April 2013

Ross Pearson talks Ryan Couture on 'The MMA Hour'

 
“I definitely feel he’s going to come in prepared, I definitely think it’s going to be the best Ryan Couture we’ve seen, but no, I don’t think he’s on my level. I don’t think he’s fought the level of competition I’ve fought. I don’t think he’s been fighting UFC-caliber guys forever, really, so no, I don’t think he’s on my level. If things go to plan he won’t last very long in there with me. I’m not taking him lightly. I’m not overlooking anything. I’m preparing for a tough fight. I know Ryan’s durable. I know Ryan can take a shot, and I know Ryan’s game. So he brings some threats to the table. I just got to be on my A-game, sharp, strong. Knowing how powerful I hit and how fit and strong I am and letting him know how much I want to fight. I’ve got to own this fight and I’ve got to perform well, show him what the UFC is all about.”

“I’m just not a British banger anymore. I’m a full mixed martial artist. If he wants to fight on the floor, we’ll fight on the floor. Wherever he thinks he’s going to take the fight, he’s going to be wrong because I’m winning there. I’m just going to take the fight away from him, beat him everywhere. I believe I’ve got the power in my hands, my feet, my knees, my elbows to finish anyone in this division. If I land that shot, I’m know I’m going to finish Ryan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive