Friday 12 April 2013

MMABLOGSPOT exclusive : Travis 'Hapa' Browne interview ahead of TUF17 Finale.

For you guys at home who don't know Travis 'Hapa' Browne let me fill you in Travis is one of the biggest of the UFC heavyweights weighing it at 250lbs and standing at 6'7 he has an impressive mma record of 13-1-1 and has fought some big names in the heavyweight division such as Cheick Kongo, Stefan Struve, Rob Broughton and recently ,Bigfoot Silva'.

On October 5th of last year Travis fought Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva this was set to be a war but in the first few minutes of the first round, Browne tore his left hamstring. Silva was able to capitalize, backing Browne up, landing a big right hand and finishing with punches from the top, giving Browne his first professional loss. April 13th at the TUF17 Finale we see Travis take on bjj blackbelt Gabriel Gonzaga in what has "fight of the night" wrote all over it.

We want to start by asking if your hamstring fully healed?
Yes, sure. I wouldn’t be fighting if it wasn’t 100%, right? I’m ready.

Travis your next fight is with Heavyweight veteran Gabriel Gonzaga, what’s your take on your opponent?
Tough, well-rounded, experienced. Gonzaga is a top fighter, and I’m happy to test my skills against him. I believe in all the work I’ve done at Jackson’s for this fight to get ready for this fight. Gonzaga is known for his impressive BJJ how you see the fight going if it goes to the mat? I believe my reach and power will make the difference in stand-up, but if we end up on the ground, I’ll be ready for anything. I think I’m a more aggressive fighter, which in my opinion is a very important factor when the fight goes to the mat.

We Know You train at the famous Jackson camp who is helping you prepare for this fight?
I don’t want to put out too much information about my camp. I think it’s pretty obvious that at Jackson’s you’re training with the best. Those guys will get you ready for absolutely anything. Fighting is the easiest part.

Both you and Gabriel are sat just outside the heavyweight top 10, can you see a win putting you in the mix?
Last time I checked I was in Top 10. But hey, I’m always more than happy to prove critics wrong.

If you win this bout what’s next for you? Or who?
That’s a tough question. Whoever the UFC put in front of me, I’ll be ready. Yet, I always want to fight the top guys.

What did you think of Cain Valasquez doing the impossible over JDS?
There’s no such thing as ‘impossible’ in MMA. No one is unbeatable. Cain Velasquez is a great fighter, and he deserved this victory for his performance.

Who do you see toppling King Cain?
Whoever is better than him on that given night inside the Octagon.

Who in your eyes is the best 5 p4p fighters ever?
I think Anderson Silva, GSP and Fedor Emelianenko should be there, everything else is up to discussion.

Who do you think are the top 5 heavyweights?
Impossible to answer. Cain is #1. That’s it. Let’s see what Mark Hunt does against JDS.

If you could fight anyone in any division who would it be? Past or present?
I would love to avenge my loss to Antonio Silva, just to prove I’m the better fighter. This was the first loss in my professional career, and I want to take it back.

I want to thank Travis for taking time out to do this interview also VFD Marketing for setting it up, we wish 'Hapa' all the best for the future.

You can follow Travis on Twitter @travisbrowneMMA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive