Wednesday 3 April 2013

Hardy passes on surgery, future in UFC's hands

Dan Hardy speaks to mmajunkie about his recent diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and turning down the operation, which holds his UFC career in the hands of  the bosses over at Zuffa headquarters.

"It's ultimately the UFC's decision, anyway, regardless of what the commission says,"

Hardy said. "It doesn't really change a great deal. But it does let me know where the decision has come from, which is interesting.

"I would expect the UFC to say that the surgery is required in order for me to continue fighting for them."


"They could schedule me for a surgery within the next couple of days after my appointment, and I could go in, and they could put tubes up the insides of my legs and into my neck and see if they could find the extra electrical impulse, and if they could fix it, then I'd be out for a week," Hardy said. "Which immediately to me said, 'So, you want me to have the surgery, and then take a week off and then train for a week, and fly out for the fight?' It just didn't make sense. It wouldn't have happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive