Friday 5 April 2013

Cage Warriors 54 Adds Glover vs. Long & Edwards vs. Harrison To May 4th Show

THE card for Cage Warriors 54 is taking shape following today’s addition of another two bouts.
Cage Warriors 54, which will be headlined by a CWFC middleweight title bout between home favourite John Phillips and defending champion Jesse Taylor, is set for the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff on Saturday, May 4.
The bill for Cage Warriors’ second visit to Wales will now also feature a 160lbs catchweight bout between Mark Glover and Lewis Long, as well as clash of flyweights Kris Edwards (pictured) and Karl Harrison.

Glover (6-1-1 MMA, 0-0 CWFC) returns to action for the first time since featuring on season 15 of The Ultimate Fighter last year.
The 24-year-old Liverpool native, who’ll be making his CWFC debut, has taken five of his six wins by submission, with the only loss on his record coming via decision at the hands of fellow former TUF contestant Michael Pastou.

“I’m made up to be getting the opportunity to showcase my skills on Europe’s top show,” said Glover. “I’m looking forward to making a big impact on my Cage Warriors debut, before moving up the rankings and challenging for the prestigious CWFC belt.”

Long (6-2 MMA, 0-1 CWFC) will be keen to return to winning ways following a loss to Paul Redmond on his CWFC debut at Cage Warriors 49 in Cardiff back in October.
The 23-year-old Welshman said: “I’m excited to be fighting in front of the Welsh crowd again, especially at a fantastic venue like the Motorpoint Arena. I can’t wait to bounce back from my last performance and I’m expecting a stand-up war with Mark that the fans will really enjoy.”
Meanwhile, fellow Welshman Kris Edwards (8-4 MMA, 2-1 CWFC) will also be looking to get back on track after he too tasted defeat at Cage Warriors 49.

Edwards, who was overturned by Alan Philpott at bantamweight on his last outing, aims to maintain his status as one of Europe’s top performers in the flyweight division when he faces Englishman Karl Harrison.

Prior to his loss to Philpott, 23-year-old Edwards enhanced his reputation thanks to Cage Warriors victories over Janne Elonen-Kulmala and Brian Hyslop last year.
“I’m really happy to be back at 125lbs,” Edwards said. “I love fighting in Cardiff as the atmosphere is second to none. I was impressed by Karl in his last fight against Neil Seery, which I thought he had done enough to win. This should be an exciting match-up.”

Harrison (4-4 MMA, 0-1 CWFC), who’s ranked in the UK’s top ten, dropped a close decision defeat to top-three European flyweight Seery on his Cage Warriors debut last October.
The 31-year-old said: “Kris Edwards is a tough lad but I think this is a good fight for me style-wise as my boxing and wrestling game will be too strong for him. I can’t wait to fight on Cage Warriors again.”

More Cage Warriors 54 bouts will be announced in the coming days so keep track of CWFC on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates.
Priced from just £25 (plus booking fee), tickets for Cage Warriors 54 are available HERE or by phoning 0044 29202 24488.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive