Tuesday 12 February 2013

B.J. Penn fly's to Utah to undergo eye surgery


“I got a cataract in my left eye and I’m heading out to go see Dr. Crandall”,
disclosed the former UFC Champion.
“He is the guy that did Margarito’s eye and the UFC set this up for me.”

“January of last year is when I first noticed there was a problem. I was looking at my iPhone and I really couldn’t tell what was going on. At first, I thought I tore my retina, so I went to my doctor and he said, ‘I can see right away what the problem is, you have a cataract.’ The doctor told me it could be traumatic or it could be from this medicine I was taking called Prednisone, which is what I had been using over the previous few years for sinus infections. I’m definitely hesitant to fight right now with the cataract in my eye".

"People ask me all the time if I’m going to fight again and I almost just want to change the subject because right now, I definitely don’t want to fight with a cataract in my eye. The number one reason for the surgery is just for daily life. I have a tough time driving at night when the lights are shining and I’d like to get that back. On the other hand, you never know what you’re going to be thinking if the surgery goes well. If
I go in the gym and I’m knocking down all my sparring partners and doing awesome I would definitely think of fighting again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive