Wednesday 30 January 2013

Maynard says hes "on a collision course" wih Pettis

Gray Maynard told Bleacher Report. :

"Pettis is the fight I would love to have" , "At the same time, I understand why he would wait for a title shot. That is what we are all working towards and if that is on his plate then I get sitting out. But things rarely go as planned in this game and if something happens as a result of the Henderson vs. Melendez fight and Pettis decides he's tired of waiting then I'd be happy to oblige him. The way I see it, whether it happens now or later, Pettis and I are on a collision course."

"He does some exciting things inside the cage and I think it would be a great challenge trying to solve that puzzle. I watched him beat Cerrone this weekend, but "Cowboy's" style was the perfect matchup for Pettis to do what he does best. Cerrone comes forward with a straight up and down Muay Thai-style and Pettis was able to dictate space and get off on him. That's not the way I fight and I think I would present some difficult challenges for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive