Sunday 27 January 2013

Dana White: Fedor vs Lesnar fight at Cowboys Stadium was 'right there'


“We were right there. When I was talking about doing that big Dallas Texas Stadium show it was going to be Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko. Remember when I met with him and said it didn’t go well? It actually went well. He wanted to fight Fedor. Fedor’s dad passed away and he said “I’m done, I want to spend the rest of my life with my family. We were negotiating for months and then after his dad died and he said “that’s it, I’m done” or whatever, and then Brock said “I’m done, too”. From what I understand, he is absolutely, positively made the decision never to fight again. I mean anything’s possible.”

White was then asked why he didn't announce the fight:
"Cause I don't have to tell you guys everything, you know what I mean? Cause then you guys (the media) starting looking around fishing for shit, shit that I don' t need you fishing for at that time."

On the future of Lesnar, Dana added:
 “He’s done. He’s gonna do his stint in WWE, and then go away. He’s got a big farm up and Canada and shit, he loves to farm, he loves to be with his family, and out in the middle of nowhere.”

Then the question of the UFC signing 'The last Emperor" arose:
 "From what I understand, he has absolutely, positively made his decision not to fight ever again from what I understand, but I mean, anything's possible. You know, when the guy says he wants to retire, you're never going to see me chasing a guy that says he wants to retire. If you want to retire, you should retire."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive