Saturday 12 January 2013

Bellator’s ‘King Mo’ Lawal Has A Boxing Clause In His Contract, Wants ‘Kimbo Slice’

News came about after 'King Mo' Lawal was interviewed by Stephie Daniels:

"I got a boxing clause in my contract," said Lawal. "I just gotta get through this tournament and be healthy. Bjorn said that he was going to get me fights. But the thing with the contract is that we gotta agree on the opponent. But someone like Kimbo Slice? I'd be alright. We could hype that up, they can get behind me..." "I think King Mo vs. Kimbo Slice would be a good boxing match. I got good training, he's got good training. I want to make it happen. So my main goal is to get through this tournament, win it, defend it, defend the belt once or twice and after that get that fight with Kimbo."

 "That's why I've been training with Jeff Mayweather so hard. Trying to get my boxing skills up. I think me vs. Kimbo would be a good fight. We could put it on Spike TV or something!" "I like Kimbo Slice, I like what he's doing. I like the fact that he crossed over to boxing and he's actually training and he's going out there and knocking people out. Granted, they aren't high level, but he's just starting. I feel like me vs. Kimbo...that'd be a good fight. My speed vs. his power." 

 "My ultimate goal is to win a regional title. Like the USBA or the NABO title. After that, I'm retiring because I'm gonna get beat up even worse. I spar with them boxers at the gym and I get the business. Michael Hunter Jr.? Whoops my ass. Andrew Tabiti? Whoops my ass. I like it. You know what I'm saying? I feel like if I'm getting training with the best guys, these mid-level guys ain't gonna be nothing to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive