Friday 2 November 2012

Kyle Kingsbury contemplates retiring

Kingsbu told "The MMA Hour"

"I have no idea. They asked me for a quote right after the fight and I just said you know, I got some soul searching to do. I got to see where I'm at mentally, emotionally, and spiritually and really digest the whole situation. Digest the career, digest everything that's going on in my life and see if this is something I want to continue to do. Thankfully I got a six month suspension to figure it out, so it's not anything I have to decide right off the bat. But, it is something where you look at your career and, a lot of fans will look at me and say, 'That guy never had a shot at winning a title.' And, maybe they're right, but, nobody gets into this sport thinking, 'I'm going to be a millionaire by being a fighter.' People get into this sport thinking, 'I want to beat someone's ass and I want to try to get the title.'

Getting to the UFC level and now being 4-4 as a UFC fighter, it was never my goal to come in and be a .500 fighter. It was never my goal to come in and win one, lose one, win three, lose three, that kind of deal. So, whatever I end up choosing, if I do end up wanting to fight again, I know there is going to be a period of time where I will work at trying to improve before I come back to the table to fight again. You look at a guy like Dan Hardy who took time after his losses and came back and he's well again. So, whatever the decision is, there is going to be sometime between now and the next one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive