Tuesday 12 June 2012

Stann details shoulder injury

“Shawn Jordan and I were in the cage and he went for a hip throw and he landed on my shoulder, all 275 pounds of him. I think he slipped. He knows not to land on me. But it happened. And you know you could hear the crack right away. It’s one of those feelings were you know when you are hurt and when you are injured,” Stann explained when speaking to Fuel TV during the UFC on FX 3 broadcast.
 What resulted was a separated shoulder, a particularly painful injury that can require surgery depending on the severity of how it happens. On the positive side for Stann while it does knock him out of the Aug 4 fight with Lombard, it won’t require him to go under the knife to repair the damage.

“It’s a grade-two separation of my right AC joint, which is what I am feeling right now. It’ll be six to eight weeks recovery, but no surgery, thankfully. Hopefully, I can heal this up real quick and get my full range of motion back. But, right now I can’t even pick my hand up,” said Stann.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive