Tuesday 3 January 2012

Melvin Guillard: Fight against Jim Miller at UFC on FX 1 a number one contender eliminator match

The biggest thing I learned [from the loss to Joe Lauzon] is to be patient and not rush myself. The only reason he won that fight was because I rushed myself. I was rushing my shots, trying to hit him. I actually ran into a stiff jab that actually rocked me. By the time I hit the canvas, I shook it off, but he was already on my back. So, it's a life lesson -- I walked away with nor scratches or bruises. And now I've been blessed even more that after the loss I've been given a number one contender fight against Jim Miller, live January 20 in Nashville. So, that goes to show you I didn't lose anything from that loss, but I got to learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive