Wednesday 2 January 2013

UFC Hall Of Famer Dan ‘The Beast’ Severn Retires


Following a professional mixed martial arts career that included over 120-official bouts, UFC Hall of Famer Dan ‘The Beast’ Severn (101-19-7) has decided to retire, He announced this on his officialwebsite on Tuesday
“The number one goal that I set for myself in 2012 was to be finished with my Mix Martial Arts Competition career. I was attempting to do my own self-directed retirement tour in the last couple of years reaching out to only three people… Mark Coleman, Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie. I spoke to two of them directly (Mark, and Ken), and through representative (MGR) for Royce. It seems as though these matches will not take place for whatever reasons and my life now goes on to the next chapter.
It has been difficult to juggle so many different parts of my career, but that is when opportunity presented itself… such as my MMA career beginning at the age of 37, and now ending at age 54. Father Time is telling me, it is time to let go. I have learned over time, that the only constant factor is change. It will happen, and there is nothing we can do to stop it, so smile, hold on, and embrace it for all that it has to offer and hopefully you will have the ride of your life!!! Happy New Year!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive