Wednesday 7 September 2011

Rampage Jackson: I'll walk right through Jon Jones' punches and kicks because he has no power

That's when the former light heavyweight champion will try to get his belt back in a headlining title fight opposite Jon Jones at the Pepsi Center on Sept. 24 in Denver, Colorado.
So, what's the strategy for "Mile High City?"
"I'm not worried about his punches or his kicks," Jackson told UFC.com. "I'll walk right through it, I don't care about it. He ain't showing me a whole lot of power, especially with the way he stands. His stance is all wrong to even generate power. The guy can't bust a grape. I'm confident that I have him figured out. I don't think that Jones' chin can take the kind of force that I'm gonna bring. He has never been hit that hard. I'm gonna have fun whipping his ass."
Jackson earned his shot at the light heavyweight crown by beating the brakes off Matt Hamill a few months ago at the UFC 130 event on May 28 in Las Vegas, Nevada. "Rampage" battered and bruised "The Hammer," out-striking him by a margin of 61-34 and stuffing all 17 of the NCAA wrestler's takedown attempts.
Jones also competed earlier this year, obliterating Mauricio Rua to win the title at UFC 128 back on March 19 in New Jersey. The lanky and unorthodox New Yorker has blown through each and every one of his Octagon opponents, amassing a 7-1 record in his time with the UFC.
Even that one loss, a complete drubbing of the previously mentioned Hamill that ended in a disqualification due to illegal elbows, is considered a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive