Saturday, 9 July 2011

Carlos Condit to talk to UFC bosses before deciding on his next move inside the octagon

UFC welterweight contender, Carlos Condit has revealed he’s open to talks with the powers that be over at the Las Vegas based promotion when it comes to his next fight inside the octagon, adding he’ll be staying in shape just in case something major falls in his lap.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Condit said:
“You know what, I don’t know. I’m going to sit down with my coaches, sit down with my management, possibly talk to Joe Silva, Dana White and I think after we kind of hash things out we’ll have a better picture of how that’s going to work out.”
“I also think having such a long layoff might be a disadvantage to me. Diaz and St-Pierre are fighting here in a few months so they would be more busy, not that I would be out of shape or not ready for the fight, but just staying busy and staying sharp. Being sharp enough to compete is an advantage. There’s a lot of things to consider here and I don’t know exactly how it’s going to play out or what I’m going to do, who the next fight’s going to be.”
“I’ll tell you this, I’m staying in shape, I’m going to be ready in case. You never know. Somebody could get hurt, you get that call, so I’m going to be back in the gym ASAP. There needs to be some discussion there, but on the other hand those are the problems you want to have as a trainer I imagine. Having two of the best guys in the world.”
Condit is coming off a spectacular first round “Knockout of the Night” earning win over previously undefeated Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 132, marking him out as one of the top fighters today at 170 pounds. Does that automatically qualify him for the next shot at the title or does “The Natural Born Killer” need to get another win under his belt before that happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive