Tuesday, 23 August 2011

UFC 134 – Yushin Okami warns Anderson Silva: “I’m not Chael Sonnen”

UFC middleweight number one contender, Yushin Okami has been giving his thoughts on his UFC 134 clash with current champion, Anderson Silva this weekend in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, explaining as much as the Brazilian’s recent fight with Chael Sonnen is a good reference point the champ would do well to remember they’re very different people.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Okami said:

“I was expecting that Chael will be able to take Silva down, but never thought he will overwhelm by using his mixed technique of boxing and wrestling. That looked really effective and it is great reference, but I’m not Chael so I should use my own skill and technique which will be able to use my physical effectively.”
I always feel the pressure, but this time is a Championship, a lot of fans are cheering for me. It’s giving me a lot of power to prepare for the fight and I’m highly motivated. I want to change all of the expectations to positive pressure. I must not compromise in any point and prepare for Aug 27th. I want all of my fans to enjoy the fight and my peak performance.”
Okami rebounded from a set back against Chael Sonnen in 2009 by racking up three impressive and unusually entertaining wins, including decisions against Mark Munoz and Nate Marquardt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive