UFC welterweight on the ropes, Paulo Thiago has revealed that this latest camp has been the best since he began his mixed martial arts career, as well as saying he’ll be looking to neutralise David Mitchell at UFC 134 before imposing himself on the fight. Speaking via Sherdog.com, Thiago said:
“This camp was the best I’ve ever been on since I debuted in MMA. I knew of the fight in big advance, I’m training with great partners, so I’m really confident. Beyond that, I will fight in my country, and it will be awesome. Since I knew UFC would return to Brazil, I dreamt of being part of that lineup. It’s going be great, because I will have fans on my side, won’t need to worry about traveling, time zone, nor food.”
“I know this fight is determinant for me. It’s hard to see someone surviving under Zuffa banner after three losses, so it’s a delicate moment for me. But I don’t even think about another loss, I’m motivated and trained hard to make a good fight and I will.”
“Mitchell has a reasonable striking game, but he’s really good on the ground, attacks a lot looking for the submission. I expect to neutralize his game as I impose mine.”
Thiago will be desperate to recapture the kind of form that saw him knock out former title contender, Josh Koscheck on his octagon debut after dropping back-to-back fights to Diego Sanchez and Martin Kampmann.
No comments:
Post a Comment