Tuesday 16 August 2011

UFC 134 – Mauricio “Shogun” Rua possibly two fights away from another shot at the title according to Dana White

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is reportedly two fights away from a shot at reclaiming the title according to UFC President, Dana White, with the first coming at UFC 134 in ten days time against another former champion in Forrest Griffin.


Speaking to MMABay.co.uk on today’s conference call, Dana said:
“Shogun is one of the best guys in the world, and he might be two wins away from a title shot. But it depends on how the fight go.”
 
Rua was also in attendance and added:

“I think it’s going to be a great fight for the fans because Forrest is a guy that always comes to fight. He loves fighting, he goes in there to give the fans a fight and I’m pretty much the same. I’m always there to try to finish a fight.”
“I just think about doing my best and winning. I don’t think about the worst, I know I can do it. It was a bitter defeat, I was upset about it, but I’ve trained a lot to overcome that. Forrest is a very good fighter, and I knew I could meet him again. I’ve evolved a lot, and so did he, and it’ll be a great fight.”

Rua will be looking to get back to winning ways in just a few days time when he takes on another former champion and the man to defeat him on his octagon debut, Forrest Griffin at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive