Monday 9 May 2011

UFC 132: Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber can't wait to punch each other in the face

Photo
This much is obvious if, of course, you've been paying attention to their four-year rivalry.
In case you haven't, back in March 2007, Urijah Faber submitted the wily Dominick Cruz in the very first round of their featherweight championship fight at WEC 26, a fight that represented the debut with the promotion for the latter.
Since then, "The Dominator" has reeled off eight wins in a row against impressive competition, the bulk of which came at his new home of bantamweight.
In fact, three years after his one and only loss, Cruz battled past Brian Bowles to win the 135-pound strap, which he still holds to this day.
All the while this was happening, he and Faber were taking subtle shots at one another, shots that have gone the route of blatant since Urijah started a YouTube campaign recently.
And now, poetically enough, Cruz will make his Octagon debut against "The California Kid" in defense of his belt at UFC 132 on July 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
And Dominick (via MMAFighting) can't wait to punch his arch nemesis in the face.
"Me and Urijah have had our differences, I don't think it's really a secret. He's done a lot of videos on YouTube and what not and that kind of made me a little angry. I've said some stuff about him that's made him a little angry and we pretty much can't wait to punch each other in the face is what it comes down to. ... I think I've improved everywhere (since the first fight). ... No excuses, he beat me fair and square, but the bottom line is I want to go back and get that loss back because I haven't lost since. That's the guy to beat in my weight class right now because a lot of people think that he beat me, so he can beat me again and I want to prove he can't. Really, the only people he's lost to have outstruck him and he couldn't take them down and you know what? He's not going to take me down and he can't outstrike me, so I'm excited for the fight."
Considering Faber has lost just four times throughout his highly successful career, it's not difficult to pinpoint exactly who Cruz is referring to.
Tyson Griffin, Mike Brown and Jose Aldo are the three men that have defeated the "Alpha Male," an impressive list of fighters Cruz hopes to add his name to by the time he leaves "Sin City" this upcoming Fourth of July Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive