Saturday 30 April 2011

UFC 129 – Georges St. Pierre warns: “I have to keep in mind that I can lose everything in the blink of an eye”

UFC welterweight champion, Georges St. Pierre is airing on the side of caution ahead of his UFC 129 clash with Jake Shields this weekend in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, explaining he has to keep in mind that everything he’s built to this point could be lost in the blink of an eye.
Speaking via UFC.com, St. Pierre said:
“Nobody is perfect. It’s gonna be a tough fight (against Shields). I have a big, big challenge on my shoulders April 30th. I used to not enjoy it (the fight game) as much. But as the fights have gone by, I made a lot of changes to my entourage and in my training, and now my smile is back on my face and I’m very excited for this fight.”
“I have to keep in mind that I can lose everything in the blink of an eye. I can’t be on cruise control, I have to keep working hard.”
We don’t have long to wait to see how St. Pierre fares in his latest title defence as ‘UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields’ goes down this Saturday, April 30th at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Stay tuned to MMABay for more on the fight card as it approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive