Sunday 27 February 2011

Michael Bisping: 'Jorge Rivera's cornermen were still screaming abuse at me after the fight'

14_ufc127_medium
Many were upset at Michael Bisping's post-fight antics last night at UFC 127 against Jorge Rivera and now he gives his side of the story to Ariel Helwani:
"It just built up for so long. While they were making all these videos and bad-mouthing me, I was just focused on training and beating this guy. You know, I take my job very very seriously and I try to be a good ambassador for the sport and a good role model for my children. So I'm a little bit disappointed in myself for the antics post-fight a little bit. But, you know, the guy, his cornermen was still screaming abuse at me, calling me a motherf*cker, an a**hole, a piece of sh*t, after the fight and at my cornermen, he was still screaming obscenities there and then. And Jorge's saying it's just promotion, I'm like 'no, it wasn't promotion. Don't mock me on the Internet, you know. My son seen these, his friends at school, things like that, mocking me like that, you know.' That's not business to me, that's personal. ... No (I didn't deliberately spit at Jorge Rivera's corner), I was spitting on the floor to him to let him know what I thought of him. I apologize for that, I'd never want to act like that, and I apologize for losing my cool."
And the plot thickens. After Michael Bisping pounded out Jorge Rivera in round two, which may or may not have been helped along by an illegal knee in round one that almost saw "El Conquistador" go down for the "Count," the British banger lost his cool and went all Brock Lesnar by getting in his beaten foe's face and demanding an apology. It also appeared as if Bisping actually went so far as to spit at the cornermen who spent so much time helping Rivera mercilessly mock the former Ultimate Fighter winner. However, Mikey explains that wasn't the case; he was simply spitting at their feet to make it clear what he thought of them and has since done just like Brock and apologized for his less than desirable actions. Armed with this new information, would anyone like to change their minds about what they saw last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive