Thursday 17 October 2013

Bisping would be happy to welcome Nick Diaz to 185

Steph Daniels caught with UFC middleweight Michael Bisping to talk about the tweet he made after learning that Diaz would "end his retirement for the right opportunity,"

"I didn't really mean any disrespect to him," said Bisping. "But I heard a rumor off a couple people that he said that he was interested in fighting me, and I know he was talking about maybe coming up to middleweight. He was also talking about retirement; the guy is pretty crazy so you never know what's true and what's not.

"A reporter... said that a fight with Michael Bisping might interest him, so I just tweeted that if he wanted to come up to 185, I'd quite happily welcome him to the division."
"It's still going to be a little time before I'm sparring or anything like that, and that's just because I want to take it really easy. Last week the doctors cleared me to get back in the gym, so I can keep myself in shape."

"I won't be able to get back to active MMA training until after Christmas. I'm working on trying to pack on some extra muscle right now. I'm just following the doctor's orders because I don't want to be in the same position again. I'm just taking it nice and easy, but hopefully at the beginning of the new year, I can book a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive