Monday 29 October 2012

Randy Couture Talks Jones vs. Sonnen

"I'm not terribly surprised on either front really," Couture explained on Spike TV's MMA Uncensored Live. "I think at the end of the day it's a business decision. This is a business, and Chael Sonnen is going to bring it and hype up any single fight he's in. I think Jon Jones, in denying him on the short-notice eight-day fight, made it inevitable they were going to have to fight at some point. I think I would've taken eight-days training camp rather than a full training camp, but I'm not Jon Jones."

Couture goes on to say:

"Chael has a great opportunity to win this fight actually," Couture said. "Technically I see a similar style fight as Anderson Silva. If he wades through him and makes Jon Jones wrestle him the entire fight, I think he can win that.
"He can do it, but he needs that gameplan. He needs to make it a wrestling match, start to finish."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive