Tuesday 9 October 2012

Pearson admits feud “got out of hand at times” with Sotiropolous

“I’m not really one of the guys who kiss and tell, shall we say. But yeah, things got out of hand at times. I’m way more professional than having a fight in the street. I’ve not done that since I was 15 years old. At times, things got a bit crazy and we got told by Dana to calm it down, think about what we’re doing, and we’re professional athletes. He nearly did – he nearly came out there. But (he got on) Skype, and we had a big screen. He called us and shouted down my mobile. I can’t go into detail, but we got bollocked.”
 
“I gave George the most respect, like always. I’m a professional athlete, a UFC fighter – the best in the business. To fight in the UFC, you’ve got to be a professional. As the show goes on, you win some, you lose some, and we’re completely different. I handle things totally different than the way he handles things, and he reacts totally different than I do. I’m way more mellow than what he is. He snaps. He mentally breaks down.”
 
“I just listen to my coaches and keep training hard. I’ll try to separate myself closer to the fight away from the media and try to not listen to what other people are saying. But it’s only just started, the trash talk. I just have to make sure I’m 100 percent focused to win this fight, because I’m sure he is going to be exactly the same as I feel.”
 
 
Speaking via MMAJunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive