Saturday 27 October 2012

MMABLOGSPOT™ "The Natural Born Killer" Carlos Condit Exclusive

I just Want to thank Carlos for taking the time out to do this short but sweet interview, with having such a big title fight coming up. "The Natural Born Killer" has a impressive record of 28-5 and ranked #2 Welterweight in the world. Carlos is set to face GSP at UFC154 on Nov.17 Which has been one of the most hyped fights this year.

 Firstly wanna congratulate you on being the UFC interim welterweight champion! How does it feel having gold around the waist?

 It was nice to win the fight against Diaz, but I won’t truly feel like I have the gold around my waist unless I beat Georges.

 Coming off an impressive 5 fight wining streak! and you next match up being a guy with a 9 fight win streak how you see the going? 

 I don’t get into predicting how fights go, because often that is dictated by how the first couple of minutes go. It’s a feeling-out process, and we’ll see what happens after that.

 Is it going to be the Condit we have seen previously with devastating stand up? or is it going to be a technical fight?

 It’s going to be whatever the pace of the fight dictates.

 Both you and GSP have trained under Greg Jackson! do you think you have picked up a similar style? 

 I don’t think so. There are so many things he does great, and some areas I need to work on. We’re from different places and have different training partners.

 Who are your training partners at the minute? and are you picking up any different styles to previously displayed? 

 Everyone at Jackson’s basically is training with me and helping me for this fight.

 Your last win was over Nick Diaz with a very impressive decision which earned you the interim title! did you think it was a close fight? As Diaz camp thinks it was too close! 
Judge Cecil Peoples had it: 10-9, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9 for Condit. 
Judge Patricia Morse Jarman had it: 10-9, 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9 for Condit.
Judge Junichiro Kamijo had it 10-9, 9-10, 10-9, 10-9, 9-10 for Condit. 

 I have answered many questions about that fight in the past 7 months and I feel it is time to move on.

 Your last loss came to the hands of Martin Kampmann back in 2009 would you like to defend that?

 Of course. At some point I am sure we will fight, but as of right now, I’m only focused on Georges.

 Who do you see as a challenge in the Welterweight division? 

 All the fighters in this division are a challenge, but I aren't looking past GSP.

 Is there anybody you would like to thank? 

 I wanna thank my family! My sponsors and all my fans. And the guys at Jacksons.

 You guys can follow "The Natural Born Killer" on Twitter: @CarlosCondit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive