Saturday 6 October 2012

Erick Silva: For Fitch to stand with me would be suicide

Check out the interview in full:
 
Earth - With little to fight Jon Fitch, as is the preparation to reach the weight category?
Erick Silva - Everything is on schedule. As in other fights, I will not have problems to hit the weights. I'm 85 kg. Diet is up to date, and Rogerio Camoes took care of all the physical preparation for me to be okay, ready, prepared. Incidentally, I have to thank Josuel Distak Silvio Bering, Amaury Bitetti, Rafael Feijao, Anderson Silva, Diego Nunes, Rodrigo Damm, finally, the whole world of academia that accompanies me from the beginning. The Nogueira brothers too, they were critical when I arrived in Rio de Janeiro. This is the crowd that supports me, encourages and trains with me. Just have to thank. So, I'm calm. Now just wait for Friday, the day of weighing, and then eat that pizza.
 
Earth - You will have the privilege to participate once again in UFC Rio After a successful debut with a knockout, had the disqualification controversy. How do you feel coming back to Rio after the episode occurred at UFC 142?
Erick Silva - The episode is already part of the past. And you used a great word: privilege. Really fight again in Rio de Janeiro alongside the fans, family, friends and my idols will be very good. Just have to thank the UFC for this opportunity.
 
Earth - On occasion, you said Yamasaki forgive for what happened. If he is the arbiter of his fight against Fitch, how would you handle the situation?
Erick Silva - I've talked about it. It would not have any problem. It would be normal. The Yamasaki is a great referee. We've talked and I have no regret whatsoever. Everything is quiet. I respect him, and he respects me.
 
Earth - His coach, Josuel Distak, said Jon Fitch "can not blink." This suggests an explosive Erick Silva as the first two editions of UFC Rio?
Erick Silva - Being explosive is part of my style. And for this fight has to be different. I trained a lot, and I am prepared.
 
Earth - You've been the favorite in the bookmakers for the duel on the 13th. How this information motivates you?
Erick Silva - is recognition of hard work I've been doing, but does not affect anything. Just want to climb into the octagon and come away with the victory. That's what I think.
 
Earth - In a recent interview, Fitch said that you would like to win by submission, using his vulnerable side. What you have to say about it?
Erick Silva - The Fitch has to speak up because they stand with me is suicide for him. Charlie (Brenneman) also said that he wanted to take me to the ground and eventually finalized. I think I forget that I am a black belt in jiu-jitsu.
 
Land - His opponent is reputed to be "mooring", one that "wraps" the fight to the ground to score points. Mounted by the strategy, and briefly told by Distak, fans can expect a knockout?
Erick Silva - What I can say is that I am prepared to fight. Always workout to climb into the octagon and win my fights, no matter what. But of course if by knockout will be better.
 
Earth - What are your goals after a possible victory at UFC Rio 3?
Erick Silva - Continue working hard, training hard as I do. My goal is always to win the next fight. And it's just what I think. Of course, a positive result will leave me in a good position. This is good. So, I have to battle.

 source: http://esportes.terra.com.br

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive