Thursday 6 September 2012

McCall: 'Stupid' cops thought I was a drug dealer

"They thought I was a drug dealer. Don't know why. Well, actually, I know why. Someone that doesn't like me told them I was a drug dealer. An actual drug dealer that doesn't like me got busted - I've seen the paperwork - and said ‘oh, he's a drug dealer too.'

"And they came over to my house and they didn't find any drugs, they didn't find any text messages, they didn't find anything bad. So they're like ‘okay, you're not a drug dealer, but your probation officer said to come get you anyways because you have a suspended license.' It was embarrassing. Them taking me away in front of my daughter and my wife.

"They tore my house apart, they tore my car apart. I guess they were following me from the gym, and they said, ‘oh, it would be more embarrassing if you got arrested in front of your gym.' Well I'd much rather be arrested in front of my gym, where my coach is a lawyer, compared to me being arrested at my house, in front of my neighbors and my daughter. I don't know.
"Cops are stupid, and they really just wanted to come to the house and search the house. But, again, I'm not a drug dealer and I'm not being charged with selling drugs."

"I couldn't sleep in there. I got maybe like an hour of sleep a day, for the first ten days. I remember just sitting up and I was like, ‘What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here. This isn't where I'm supposed to be right now. I should be at the gym, at least getting punched in the face, if not punching someone in the face. I'm supposed to be doing better things with my life, and creating a life for my family.'
"Any matter of time is a long time when you're away from your daughter and your wife. Even one night is too much. It's definitely not a place I ever want to go back to."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive