Tuesday 18 September 2012

Demetrious Johnson trained through honeymoon for 152

The verdict was subsequently changed to a majority draw, which threw a major monkey wrench into “Mighty Mouse’s” wedding week plans.

“Winning the title before anyone else will be the proudest moment of my life,” Johnson shared. “I was supposed to get married right after the semifinal fight with Ian McCall. I was supposed to win that fight, go get married and have a honeymoon, and then come back and fight Joe for the title. But [my] fight was ruled a draw. The UFC said that I didn’t have to cancel my wedding and honeymoon, and that Joe could fight McCall for the title and I would 100 percent fight the winner.

“I said, ‘No way.’ I want to be the first UFC flyweight champion. I told my wife that I was going to have to training three times a day while we were on our honeymoon. She understood and we made our honeymoon about running along the beach or climbing this hill. We made it work. She understands I have to become the first ever UFC 125lbs champion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive