Tuesday 4 September 2012

Demetrious Johnson plans to make history at UFC 152

"Oh yeah, I'm ready to get after it and make history. I'm going out there, and we all know that Joseph has heavy hands, but I'm looking to go in there and mix it up with him. Yeah, Team Alpha Male guys have great wrestling, but I'm working with the best, Matt Hume, and I'm prepared to go wherever the fight goes. We're both very tough guys who come from a wrestling background. We just go out there, and we fight. We've fought typically, most of the same opponents. We've both fought Dominick Cruz and Miguel Torres. We just both like to go out there and put on a great show.

We both have a fast pace, and we both have great wrestling. Just like I did last time, when I went back to fight Ian McCall, I'm just focused on myself. Obviously, my speed's gonna be a huge aspect of this fight, and just mixing it up -- not putting the fight where Joseph wants to be. Everybody likes to try and take me down and keep me there, so I'm continuously working on my takedown defense, my wrestling and my jiu-jitsu games. I'm just gonna go out there and take it to him. Me and Joseph, we get along. When we're together, we have a great time. But, we know it's a business. At the end of the day, we're gonna get in there, punch each other in the face, try to make history, and, after that, I'm pretty sure we'll go out and get a milkshake."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive