Wednesday 26 September 2012

Bisping: If Weidman's next, so be it

"There was talk of it. Before the fight between Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre was spoken of, Joe Silva said that if I put on a striking clinic and did a good job against Brian Stann, that a title fight with Anderson Silva was something they could sell. Whether it's my turn next or my turn in two years, I'm gonna keep training."

"I was doing this when Chris Weidman was probably getting bullied out of his lunch money in school. He's undefeated, but he's only had nine fights. Listen, the guy's an incredible talent, and he's a great prospect, but he's still young in his career. Weidman's got the youth and potential and all the tools to have a great career.
I've got nothing against Chris Weidman. It certainly seems that I do, because of I've been talking a lot of trash about him. I'm just trying to sell myself. I'm trying to provide for myself, and Chris Weidman's a competitor against me. I wish him all the best. But, I think I deserve it, and my time's now. If I've gotta fight Chris Weidman in the meantime? So be it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive