Sunday 3 June 2012

Martin Kampmann wants welterweight title shot but will fight Johny Hendricks if need be

"My goal is to fight for the title -- that's where I want to go. Johny has got some great wins, too, and if I have to fight him to get that shot then that's what we'll do, but of course I'd like to get the fight with Carlos Condit or Georges St. Pierre ... or the winner of that fight. I'm going to need to take a little time off, heal up and go back to Denmark for a little summer vacation. I'm looking forward to that, but I definitely want to fight for the title. That's what I want.... I would love fight Carlos, you know? But, of course, he wants to fight 'GSP' and unify those belts. I don't blame him. I can can completely understand that. If I was in his situation, I would probably want to get that unification bout as well. It all depends on when 'GSP' is going to be ready to fight again -- if he's going to be out a long time, then I think [Carlos] should defend it, but if 'GSP' is going to be ready by the end of the year like most people are saying, then I can see him wanting to wait for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive